Buying a diamond is an exciting purchase. Whether you are buying an engagement ring, a gift for yourself or a loved one, you want to feel that you are making an educated decision. The diamond market is constantly changing, making it important to buy your diamonds from experts who know how to accurately price and value stones.
Where to buy diamond jewelry for the best prices?
When looking for a trusted diamond seller, you will want to thoroughly research the company and check their online reviews. Below are some of the most popular choices for buying diamonds, with their respective pros and cons listed to help you decide weigh up your options.
- Gemma By WP Diamonds
- Blue Nile
- Retail Stores
GEMMA BY WP DIAMONDS
- Low Prices: Pre-owned diamond and designer jewelry at a fraction of the retail cost. Choose from luxury brands such as Tiffany, David Yurman, Harry Winston and much more.
- Eco-Friendly: Shopping pre-owned is the most environmentally way to shop. This reduces the demand for mining for precious metals and stones, which has devastating effects on the environment.
- Payment plans: Affordable monthly payment plans are available.
- Free US Shipping: International shipping is also available.
- Diamond Experts: Their team of GIA trained gemologists authenticate and refurbish every piece.
- Concierge Service: Looking for a bespoke piece? Contact the concierge team to work on creating the diamond jewelry of your dreams.
- Location: In person appointments are limited to NYC but shipping is available both nationally and internationally.
- Easy Process: Easy to navigate website that offers free shipping.
- Trusted Seller: Founded in 1999, Blue Nile is a trusted name in the diamond industry.
- Quality Images: All of the images on their website are of high quality, with a 360 degree view so you can better assess the diamond before purchasing.
- Good Reviews: They have a wealth of positive customer reviews attesting to the quality of their diamonds and their great service.
- Limited Locations: While they do have physical locations called ‘Webrooms,’ these are only in four states: New York, Virginia, Oregon, and Washington.
- Many Options: The size and popularity of this platform means that you have thousands of diamond items to search through.
- Not Diamond Experts: You will not benefit from working with diamond experts who have the necessary knowledge and expertise to accurately value the stone.
- No Physical Stores: There are no locations that you can visit, to make the transaction convenient and in-person.
- Poor Customer Service: Because all of the sellers on EBay are selling their own products, the actual EBay headquarters rarely get involved. If there are any issues, it is often a long and frustrating process to get the attention of the main EBay offices.
JEWELRY RETAIL STORES
- Local: buying in your local area is a convenient solution that allows you to physically inspect any diamond item prior to purchase.
- Experts Available: Jewelry storeowners have a wealth of experience and knowledge when it comes to luxury pieces and diamonds.
- Brick and Mortar: Since retail shops are physical locations, they have additional expenses that online companies don’t. This can often lead to higher prices and more forceful sales tactics to get you to make a purchase once at the store.
- High Prices and Markups: Due to the slow nature of diamond sales in a retail store, jewelers are known for high mark ups on their diamonds.